Friday, March 23, 2007

25 weeks! 15 weeks left!

Well, this week I decided to see how many weeks i have left before our beautiful bundle of joy is here and well, to my surprise... no shock, I have 15 weeks left!!! OH MY GOODNESS!! (panic mode) Well, there is not time for slacking now. I have 15 weeks to make sure i am prepared as much as possible for the marathon of labor.

On another note, I had my monthly appointment yesterday and found out that my blood type is O negative. I have never been able to give blood in my life because of the medications I have taken, so this came as a surprise to me. My blood type is the universal donor, but at the same time, only 7% of the population has this type blood and I am only allowed to receive O negative blood. So, something good to know and keep in the back of my mind. With my blood type being negative, there are some pregnancy issues that I have to deal with as well. This first pregnancy should not be a problem, but they have to take precautions now to eliminate any problems in the future. In two weeks, I will have a shot that will prevent my body from making antibodies against postive blood types. If our baby right now is positive and I don't get the shot, when our blood mixes in delivery, my body would start making antibodies against positive blood and with future pregnancies my body would basically attack the baby if he or she is a positive blood type and this could cause fetal death or other autoimmune health problems. So, NOT GOOD! I will also have another shot when the this baby is born and that should prevent any complications like that by 99%. From here on out, I will have to have these shots during and after all pregnancies, miscarriages, or anything related to pregnancy to keep my body from becoming sensitized. Now, if Robby's blood type is a negative as well, we would never have a problem because all of our kids would be negative, but we haven't researched his blood type just yet. So, please
just keep us in your prayers concerning all of this medical information. I know God will continue to take care of us.

For more information on this subject (which is quite interesting) here is a link about it.

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/prenatalhealth/1480.html

On a more positive note (no pun intended..hehe) In 4 weeks i will have the 4D ultrasound done and I will be sure to send you all pictures! I'm so excited!! For an example on what a 4D ultrasound would look like, click on the baby image link at the bottom of the email and below the illustration is a photo that looks like copper. That is what a 4D image is. :) Pretty Cool!

Well, here is my new update! 15 weeks to go! Do you think he has red hair and freckles like his Daddy or dark hair and dark eyes like his Mommy??? :)

-------

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight — a pound and a half — doesn't sound like much, but he's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He is becoming stronger as his stem cells continue to develop into bone tissue, and his bones become solid through a process called ossification. His hair is probably recognizable now (in color and texture), although both may change after he's born.

Picture of the baby:
http://www.babycenter.com/general/1498733.html

No comments: