Friday, June 29, 2007

39 Weeks! 1 Week Left!

39 weeks already! One more week and my due date will be here. Now of course that doesn't mean a whole lot except that he could surprise us at any minute. I have been having different contractions again this week that are definitely not the simple hardening of my stomach that braxton hicks give you. They aren't horribly intense, just a little uncomfortable somewhat like a stinging sensation. The best analogy I can give is some therapy I had on my feet after surgery a few years back. The attached these electrodes to my legs and then sent a pulse through them that kinda shocked my legs and caused the muscles to contract and that was to help strengthen and heal the incision. Well, that pulse stung a little bit. That is similar to what this feels like. So, for anyone that has had that done, there you go! :)

On monday i will have another appointment with our midwife and she will most likely check this time to see if i am progressing at all. At 35 weeks, Dr. Reed estimated that i was 1cm and 50% effaced. So, we shall see if that is any different. It is hard to believe that the time is drawing near. I look at the pack 'n play in our room and the thought of a little person sleeping in it seems so surreal. I have also grown so accustomed to my belly and his movements that it almost seems like this is the way life is. I haven't become miserable at all and I hope that isn't a sign that he is going to drag out this pregnancy. I am definitely tired but have not had issues with excessive swelling. I guess i am pretty much enjoying this time, though i honestly can't wait to have a big thick milkshake! :) I will try to keep everyone posted a little bit more this coming week as the time draws near and we will send a picture out as soon as he arrives. Our little baby Robbins will be here beforewe know it!

There isn't much going on with him except fattening him up (I did fix pancakes this morning which should do the trick according to the weekends I had with Granny and PaKenny when i was younger! hehe), but here is his update.

Baby Update:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

Baby Image at 39 weeks:
http://www.babycenter.com/general/1498747.html

Thank you all for your love and support. Please send prayers for safe travel for my mom who is coming on July 5th. The little guy needs to hold on until she gets here! :)

In Christ,
Robby, Kimberly & Baby Robbins

P.S. For anyone that is STILL wondering, our little tykes name is still not completely decided. We have a few we are considering but will unveil his name at delivery :) I know I know. The anticipation is killing you all! :) Well, me too!

No comments: