Monday, June 18, 2007

Full Term! 37 Weeks!

Can you all believe it! I'm Full Term already! These past 37 weeks have just FLOWN by. I'm sure it has helped to stay busy, but now it is definitely time to slow the pace WAY DOWN! My head is hitting the desk at 5:00p! I'm sure this is just in preparation for the day of labor and delivery that Robby and I will experience. I still feel pretty good. Of course there are still bouts of indigestion/reflux that I will be VERY happy to be rid of once the little tyke is here. But otherwise, I'm just still truckin' along!

Well, here's the scoop!

-----
Congratulations! Your pregnancy is now considered full term — meaning your baby is developmentally ready to handle life outside the womb. (Babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 weeks are post-term.) Your baby probably weighs a little over 6 pounds at this point and measures between 19 and 20 inches, head to heel.

Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children are born blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Baby's Image at 37 weeks:

http://www.babycenter.com/general/1498745.html
-----

So, the questions now is, will he look like me with dark hair and dark eyes (though I had blondish hair when i was a child) or will he look like his red-headed freckled daddy?? Hmmm??? We'll see!

Please continue to keep us in your prayers!
Love you all

No comments: