Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Head of Cabbage


10 weeks to go. This little boy has really been a mover the past week. He rolls in my belly like there is just tons of room in there! I didn't remember Rylen being this active, but after looking at previous posts I found that he was quite a roller at this stage as well. I have also been feeling a few Braxton Hicks as well as other pulls and tugs. I just have to keep the little guy in there for a bit longer. I have felt so good for the majority of my pregnancy and now I am starting to get indigestion as my abdomen runs out of room and a more consistent tired feeling. I am trying to continue to stay active and take walks to get fresh air. The more sedentary I am, the more tired I seem to feel. The weather has been really nice lately and I have been able to get outside and enjoy it. Otherwise, everything seems to be going well.

How your baby's growing:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

No comments: