Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our Navel Oranges (four to be exact)

I almost missed this update! Rylen has had us preoccupied with a croupy cough and a rash. Though no one could give us a straight answer, the thought was the rash was viral and could have caused the croupy cough. But who knows! Gotta love speculations. All I know is that we had a wierd heat type rash all over him for a week before we had any other signs that a cold or anything else was coming on. Then, Sunday, we got a small cough that turned croupy in the middle of the night and then a fever anywhere from 100.0 to 101.8 (underarm) for 2 days. With three sleepless nights under our belt, I think he is finally on the up and up and will be once again sleeping through the night. YEAH! As for the baby? Well, he has definitely "kicked" it up a notch especially in the middle of the night when I am trying to get back to sleep after Rylen has to be rocked back to sleep after waking from coughs.

My belly is getting heavier and I am having to hoist Rylen up on many occasions to keep him above my belly and squooshing the poor tyke. I am also sitting down more frequently as I feel the weight of my growing mid-section. I am still not miserable, but am feeling the tightening of Braxton Hicks. I know now that this is nothing even remotely close to the feeling of contractions. My appetite has stayed pretty consistent throughout the pregnancy. Satisfied, not overly hungry. I thought I would have started really craving a lot of food lately, but I really have just stayed consistent. So, we'll see what they say at my next appointment. I seem to be steadily gaining weight. Weighing in at 130.0 today, I have gained 22-24lbs with 9 weeks to go. So, average weight gain. The baby updates are estimating the baby's weight. As we get closer, it will be interesting to see how accurate they end up being. Rylen was much smaller at 5lbs 10oz than the 7lb predictions. That may be an interesting poll as we get closer. How much will this baby weigh?

-----
Baby Update:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
-----

No comments: