Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our Honeydew

I had my 35 week appointment yesterday and once again, everything was good. She said that I am measuring a week small, though. Looking back at my stats, Karen wasn't worried because this seemed to be a consistent trend of mine. I am either measuring perfectly for that week or I am a week behind. That is probably just consistent with how big the baby is. Just to be cautious, I have really focused on making sure I am eating plenty of food. It is hard to get in snacks as well as meals with a toddler, but I am trying to make sure I am not slacking in my nutrition to guarantee the baby's growth. Otherwise, blood pressure (103/70) and the baby's heart beat (148) were great. My next appointment will actually be in 1.5 weeks instead of 2 so that we can do my strep B test. Hopefully this will come back negative so that I do not have to worry about antibiotics before the baby is born. So, please send up the prayers for this one. Evidently you can be positive and negative at different times. I was negative with Rylen, but that is no guarantee that I will be negative with this baby.

Interesting stats below. Rylen was just slightly above this weight and height at BIRTH. So, we will see in the end if this baby is also small or if he is following the weekly updates.

Baby Robbins Update:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

No comments: