Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our Pumpkin...

...is still cooking! I had my 40 week appointment today. I am officially DUE. I decided to be checked and I am an easy 3 cm dilated. That was a relief. I was having some pressure and contractions yesterday along with a very antsy feeling. So, I was hoping that it wasn't for nothing. Of course, knowing that I am dilated doesn't mean a whole lot still, but most likely I will not go more than another week. If for some reason I am still pregnant by next tuesday, they will do an ultrasound to check to make sure everything is still ok. I am praying that I won't have to keep that appointment. On other news, the baby is doing well and I am measuring, again small, around 39 weeks, but he is engaged at -1. So, for you all keeping tabs and voting...

In anticipation of the delivery and to help out with last minute preparations, my mom is coming in to town tonight to stay until next Monday before she has to head out to a conference again.

The time is getting closer. I will keep you all posted as best as I can!

-------
Our Baby Update:
It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.
-------

No comments: