Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

I have neglected my posting for many reasons. The main one is that we have been horribly busy with Christmas and Travels! We have a lot of things happening in the Robbins house as the new year has come. A big change in our house is one that brings about an amazing amount of peace. We have started the new year debt free. Yes, it took a little over 3 years, but we have done it. We, of course, are not counting the house, as that is another baby step. Otherwise, we owe nothing to any lender. This process was supposed to take us 5 years, but we were diligent and did it in less. Now as we begin this new year, we start over and move forward. It feels GREAT!

Rylen is officially 2.5 and there are a few things I would like to pursue with him. His vocabulary is getting so much better. It is truly amazing. With that said, I would still like to work with him and hopefully I can start up his preschool again. We slacked off after Jace came along and I just couldn't fit everything into our day. Something had to give. I would also like to pursue his potty training just a little bit more. He is getting closer every day and I know it won't be long before he is truly ready.

Jace is growing like crazy and I have a feeling he will be walking before we know it. He is still not sleeping through the night, so I am working on making his sleeping environment one that will encourage this. i am still nursing him and am grateful that I have been able to continue to do this, however this is probably the big reason why he will not sleep at night. So, I take one challenge with the blessing.

Robby and I completed our Half-marathon on New Year's Day. This was something we wanted to do when we got married, but found out Rylen was on his way. So, we finally completed this goal with both our kids in our arms crossing the finish line. It was such a wonderful day to think of our family moving into the new year together.

I am continuing to pursue my photography (Robbins Photography & Design) and have had a wonderful time doing it despite some challenges. My goal is to capture fleeting moments for parents to hold dear. To hold on to the time that passes us by so quickly. I want to capture the family or child at that moment in life. Sometimes that has been smiling faces and sweet gestures. Other times it has been frowns and silly faces. Hopefully in the end I have captured their personality. That is what I try to do with my own children. Aside from the photography, I want to pursue other things in my life as well: Spiritually, Physically, Mentally... all these things need some focus. I have not pinned down exactly what, but it will come. I haven't given a resolution for each, but my goal is to improve all of those aspects of my life.

There are also pieces of life that Robby is working on and I just ask for prayers for his pursuit. He strives every day to do what is right and to live to the standard that God has called him and he deserves to succeed in his goals. I know that he can and so I again ask for prayers as we step out in faith.

There it is...Our family in a nutshell. Happy New Year to you all!

No comments: