Friday, July 13, 2012

INP Activity - Auditory Hunt

Another Auditory Game we play is the "Auditory Hunt". This game just improves auditory processing. Again we are at the 2-3 digit/object level, so we choose 3 objects plus 2 more to "hunt". I have him identify the objects to make sure we are both on the same page and then I hide them under a towel. I say, for example, "Touch, bear, ball, spider". After I remove the towel, Rookie has to touch those three objects in the order I gave. He gets three tries to get it right. The second he says one wrong, I immediately cover them back up and give the sequence again. We don't want him to hold on to the wrong answer. We only do this game for 1 minute, so we can typically get through 3 different sequences before we are done. This game ALSO has to be done 3-4 times a day and no closer than 10 minutes from each other as well as all of the other auditory games we play. So, 10 minute timers are constantly going off in my head! Rookie really likes this game better than the numbers. I think he likes the visual aspect of it more even though it is still all about listening. I typically just find 5 objects in the room we are in to use.

No comments: