Friday, June 20, 2008

SippyCup Success

Well, we transitioned to an afternoon sippycup instead of the bottle. We have been using a sippy cup at his two solid food meals for a while now, but could never get him to drink much out of them. I'm not sure if the flow was too overwhelming, but I just kept letting him drink little bits at a time. I tried the mid-day bottle switch a few times in the past, but could never get him to drink more than just a couple of ounces and then he would have nothing to do with it. I didn't want to force him to grow up toooo fast, so i just went back to the bottle. Rylen isn't really dependant on the bottle. He doesn't need it to fall asleep in the evening, so i haven't been worried about him being horribly attached to it.

Well, today for some reason I decided to try it again. He drank all but about 1.5 ounces of his cup and then decided the cup was fun to play with, so we stopped. He even held the sippy cup on his own (in my lap of course) So, i was very proud of my little boy's accomplishment. We'll see if it happens tomorrow too!

No comments: