Sunday, September 14, 2008
Hurricane Ike hit Houston this weekend and our family decided that it was best for us to head to Austin to stay with my brother. Robby and I probably would have rode it out if it had been just the two of us, but with Rylen and electricity out, it was no place for him to be.
Today Robby found out that his office had power and was expected to be there come Monday, so he is heading back to check for damages and wait for the power to come back. Power seems to be coming on rather quickly around Houston. I'm sure that it will be a while before the harder hit areas will see the flicker of lights. While Daddy is checking out our home, Rylen and I will stay here in Austin until we get the call to return. We have heard that our neighborhood looks pretty good without much damage, so we are hoping that our house will have no damage to report. The eye of Ike traveled right up 45 after hitting Galveston, so we weren't on the worst side of the storm. I will keep you all posted on the progress. We are all safe and sound.