Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our Fig


Well, Robby and I looked for a Kumquat and couldn't find one to try out, so we are now on to a fig. Now I have had fig newtons as a kid, so I can honestly say that I have tried a fig. Not too bad. How can you go wrong with Fruit and Cake! HA!

Well we are at 11 weeks with our new Baby Robbins. I have had to put away my smaller pants as those are no longer fitting in the waist. I have gained about 5lbs at this point and am still feeling pretty good. The nausea has kicked up a little bit, but it is still only slight and definitely manageable. I have to eat a lot to get my protein intake, which helps satisfy any nausea that comes up. It is usually worse at night and that is really my cue to hit the sack.

Rylen has been very odd this week and we are attributing it to his molars. He is waking up in the middle of the night and needing me to come in and rock him. That definitely leaves me even more tired in the morning. Robby is oblivious to him and sleeps like a rock.

As for my arthritis, I am still getting little pains here and there. My ankles seem to be doing better, but my hands come and go. I am still finding that certain foods trigger it. So, the better I stay on my diet, the better off my body is. I will just be one healthy pregnant woman!

Here is the update for our little fig!:

-----

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

No comments: