Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Granny Smith


or Golden Delicious...Fugi...Gala...or whichever apple is your favorite! Yes, our little Robbins is now 15 weeks and the size of an apple. I really have had little time to think about being pregnant. I really just remember as the hours tick by and am suddenly hungry. Rylen keeps me pretty busy as does work. The only other reminder is my increasing belly. I am not quite in maternity clothes, but at that annoying stage where all of my regular clothes are uncomfortably tight and I tend to prefer the sweats or windpants. Unfortunately, that doesn't make for a very hip looking mommy or very attractive wife. So, I do my best to squeeze into the pants until I just can't do it anymore. We will be heading to Indiana on Friday evening. So, keep us in your prayers for that. It is supposed to be pretty cold... 40's during the day and 20's at night. Soooo, we will be pulling out all the jackets and bundling up! As for the new baby...

-----
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

No comments: