Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Our Banana

Merry Christmas little banana!

Here we are, halfway there to baby #2! Rylen has finally noticed my belly when I have a T-shirt on and I laugh when he points to it and wants to poke it. Isn't it funny how kids notice these things. I haven't started the "there's a baby in there" talk. I'm not sure if he would get it. He is just so young. We do mention sometimes that he is going to be a big brother, but it is still a concept that is WAY over his head. So, he will just have to find out when the baby gets here I assume. I am also still contemplating how I am going to juggle two babies and a full time job here at the house. I try to leave those thoughts and decisions until the time comes, but sometimes Rylen is a handful himself. I'm sure it will all work out. It always does.

We are just days before Christmas and our family is excited to enjoy the festivities. I can't wait to put Rylen's Climber playset together and have it ready for him Christmas morning. He still won't truly understand everything, but he will be excited to see all the gifts for sure. He loves to unwrap! Nothing else to report except that we are all healthy and I'm enjoying the belly punches and kicks once again.

Only 12 days left to get those votes in! Looks like the "Definitely a girl" is in front right now, but the "Definitely a boy" is not far behind. What will it be?

Baby Update!
-----
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper.
-----

No comments: