Wednesday, December 10, 2008

That Nasty Stomach Flu

Well, last night was my turn. Being in such close proximity with Rylen, I too took on the stomach flu. That was beyond fun. So, today, Robby stayed home from work to care for Rylen while I curled up in a ball on our bed and slept. I had absolutely no energy and was so very weak. It is funny that when we act all whiney when we are sick that we say we are acting like a "baby". When, actually, I think Rylen took to this stomach flu better than I did. I definitely did not feel like bouncing around and playing like he did. Sleep was my focus. So, I think between the young and the old we can learn a couple of things. The first day of the stomach flu it is probably best to rest and let your body do its job, but then we need to start acting like toddlers and get up and do something with yourself. HA! Well, Rylen is starting to eat food again... THANK GOODNESS... and I am feeling much better than I did last night. So, hopefully I will be back to normal soon. I am just praying that Robby has avoided all of this yuckiness. Next time, I will be VERY diligent in sanitizing everything I touch to prevent the circle of sickness that can happen so easily. With another child on the way, the last thing we need is the never-ending round of sickly children and adults.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. The "circle of sickness" is never fun...

Mrs TD said...

Oh, I am so sorry you got it too! Princess TD got her first stomach bug when I was pregnant with Little TD, and like you, I got it too! It was the most miserable sickness ever! I hope you completely recover soon and break the sickness cycle!