Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our Chinese Cabbage

Tuesday I had another appointment with our midwife with ultrasound and glucose testing. The ultrasound was originally to do a quick check on the spine which had been forgotten in earlier ultrasounds. We decided to include a 4D at the same time so we weren't doing tons of ultrasounds. I can't believe we are getting so close to my due date! We are a mere 12 weeks away! This ultrasound really had me anticipating our new little one. I think the glucola, as they call it, really had the baby moving this time around and we got some great pictures and video. We even got a smile! Of course it was probably gas. HA!

On another note, Thursday was supposed to be my scheduled Rhogam shot (for being O negative) which would have been an in and out visit, but that has been changed to Tuesday of next week due to a problem with my labs. I think the vacation with our altered diet of pastries, fruit and refined sugars and lack of good proteins elevated my levels for the glucose and now I am scheduled for the 3 hour glucose testing this Friday starting at 8:30am. One MORE extensive appointment this week and for this one I will have to have someone watching Rylen as well. Tuesday's appointment I at least had Robby to contain Rylen and keep him busy, but Robby won't be there for this one. Please keep this in your prayers. I don't know exactly how they would change my diet if the tests come back high. I'm sure it was just bad timing with our vacation. So, I am eating very strict until that morning. The "Every two week" appointments have begun and it will definitely be busy as these last 12 weeks descend upon us.

Check out the pics and video below of our baby boy!





How your baby's growing:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

2 comments:

~Erin said...

These pictures are so sweet and it is just amazing to see what your little one looks like already!

Anonymous said...

This is too cool. Man oh man..I still haven't gotten through all the vacation pics yet. you sure are making up for lost time!!!

I will catch up!