Thursday, May 7, 2009

39 weeks - Mini Watermelon

I am 39 weeks now. I am in that waiting phase. In the moment where you really feel like this is how your body is going to be for the rest of your life. Just a big 'ole ball constantly running into things. I know that isn't true, but we are simply just waiting. I am measuring around 38.5 weeks. So, a tad on the small side, but not overly. We have our bags packed and by the door. I have a preemie outfit as well as newborn outfits in the bag. The baby's heart beat is great along with my blood pressure and weight. I have gained about 30 pounds at this point. So, that is a good number. I took Tuesday evening to take a refresher breastfeeding class. I just wanted to make sure I had remembered everything and I had a couple of questions for her about my diet and another issue we had with Rylen just to be prepared. So, as of now, we are ready. Today I am making a list for the grocery to make sure we have the fridge and new freezer stocked. Last night I think I was having some more contractions, but they didn't wake me or keep me awake. I just noticed them when I would get up to make a bathroom run. Those are somewhat frequent these days.

So, my precious little boy, we are ready whenever you are! I am so excited to see you, to meet you and to introduce you to this crazy world that God so beautifully made. You have a wonderfully cute and funny brother that is going to just love you and boss you around, a daddy that will make you smile and giggle like crazy, and then of course, you will have a mommy that will give you more kisses and hugs than you can imagine.

My Granny always pays attention to the Farmer's Almanac and the moon changes and well, we are having a moon change tomorrow, so we will see if that does anything to my labor! We just don't want my water to break early. Though, if it does, I definitely know what to expect.

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

No comments: