Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was just a wonderful day to celebrate being a mother and to celebrate all mothers, especially my own. Being a mother makes me appreciate all the patience and love that my own mother had for us kids growing up. I am so blessed to have such a close relationship with her and I pray that my kids will have the same close relationship with me. Maybe one day, I will be able to make blueberry pancakes for them too! HA!

Yesterday, I was surprised with a dozen roses from my father-in-law and his wife and this morning I received a wonderful card from my son and a very touching card from my husband. Best of all, I woke up this morning to the sounds of giggles from the baby monitor. Robby went in to get Rylen when he woke up this morning and I could hear them laughing and playing. Halfway asleep, I continued to listen to them head downstairs to make daddy's coffee and have breakfast. It was truly a joy just to listen to the sounds of my family.

We are still waiting on the newest addition to the family and I wondered if he would make his entrance today, but so far no more progress. What a wonderful present that would be. But he isn't ready yet, so we will just continue to wait. I guess he wanted to give me one more day of rest. Such a sweet boy!

No comments: