Thursday, August 13, 2009

Jace Alexander - 3 months

Jace is 3 months old! He just coos and smiles and talks talks talks. He is right up there with Rylen on the jabbering and I can't understand either of them! He weighed in at 10lbs at the doctor's office and 22 inches long. All in the 5th percentile. My boys both seem to follow that same line. I still can't believe how much he has grown. He is eating every 3-4 hours and taking good long naps about an hour and a half after every feeding. Our nights are getting a bit longer too. He typically will go to sleep at night for a six hour feeding and then a four hour feeding after that. We probably will not get a full 8 hour night until he reaches 12 lbs and so we will have a month or so before that happens. It will be nice to have my boys sleeping through the night once again. We are in "gerber phase", as our ped calls it. This is the FUN phase of cooing and smiling and basically is the baby part we remember most that encourages us to have more kids. I must agree that is just plain fun. Jace turns his head to follow Rylen everywhere and just smiles at him. I have a feeling that Rylen will have a shadow before long.


As for my arthritis? Lets take a stroll down memory lane...

"My arthritis has flared big time and I am taking it day by day to keep going without medication. My first goal, after this flare-up, was to make it to 3 months breastfeeding him and as of the 2nd of October, we've made it. The past couple of months have definitely been challenging. Robby has been a wonderful help at night giving Rylen to me so that i can feed him and then changing his diaper and getting him back to sleep. My hands and shoulders (not to mention knees and feet) are just so stiff at night that i am unable to do it myself." - October 2, 2007

Well, i have made it to 3 months again and this time it was NOT a struggle. I am still medication free. I was at the grocery store yesterday and smiled as I passed the formula. "Not this time!", I remember thinking with a huge smile on my face. Robby is still able to sleep at night as I continue to get up with Jace and feed him, change his diaper and put him back to bed. Not that Robby wouldn't help, but I don't necessarily need him to. I do try to take a shower in the morning just to get going, but it is not always necessary for stiffness. Again, if my eating slacks, I have flares, but they are never even close to what I felt two years ago. I thank God every day for the path that he has led me and for giving me this health to take care of my boys. I have also continued to train for the half-marathon in January. It will be a red letter day when Robby and I cross that finish line to our two boys.

2 comments:

~Erin said...

Your battle with arthritis is such an inspiring journey! I'm so excited when I see how far you've come. I know that God is using this for his glory, and I can't wait to cheer you on in January!!

PS my "word verification" is "shine" I wonder if that is a coincidence ;)

Unknown said...

We got the pics in the mail yesterday, the kids love looking at them!

Also, 3 of my children had various degrees of speech delay, one was considered "highly unintelligable" at age 4. But they all speek just fine now, so don't fret too much about the language just yet.

Angi