Friday, April 15, 2011

Glucose and Iron

The results!

I was concerned about my glucose mainly because I HATE doing the long test. Drinking the sugary drink is just annoying and then getting poked 4 times, PLUS having to find someone to watch the kids while I do it. Ugh.

Well, I tried to watch my diet as much as possible, sticking to what WE eat on a regular basis and definitely not overdoing any "treats" a couple of days before the test. I have BARELY failed the initial test before with the boys and I really wanted to pass it this time. I made sure to eat a filling, but low glucose breakfast that morning (almonds and strawberries). Plus, I had to drink that drink. I was so FULL after it all. Well, i called for the results and my glucose was 95! Whoohoo! Rylen's was 188, Jace's was 145 and this one was 95. The cut off is 139, so I passed it with FLYING COLORS! My Iron was low at 10 and I think they would like it at 11.5, but that could be due to my lack of food for a couple of weeks when I was sick. My iron with Jace was 10.5, so about the same. Nothing that anyone was concerned about. I will make sure I am back on my blood builder and we should be good to go!

No comments: