Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday Rookie!


Happy Birthday to my sweet sweet boy! I can't believe that 5 years have passed by so quickly. You have brought so many smiles to my face and your love is infectious. There is just something about you that melts my heart each and every day. I sang "Happy Birthday" to you this morning as you came down the stairs and your face just beamed with excitement. You were so excited that in this house of 5 people, the song was for you. When I finished, you said "Thank you momma!"

I pray each day that your heart will be the Lord's and that you will seek him always. Mommy and Daddy will not always do everything right and I pray that you will forgive our shortcomings but somehow see what our intentions were. I pray that God's hand will be on us as we raise you to walk in this world but not of this world. We are in a challenging phase of your life. Your sweet tender love clashes with your boy-ish roughness. Please know that all we are doing now with these crazy games, funny glasses, silly stories, moving music, and tickling gloves is to help you be all that you can strive to be for God. I love you so much and so does your daddy. Your brother loves you even when you fight and argue AND your sister simply adores you. We are family and will always be by your side.


Sweet kisses and hugs to you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!