Friday, August 10, 2012

INP Activity - Spin Slow

A close up shot of our slow spinning. In the beginning, Rookie didn't want to keep his eyes closed for this one so I pulled out the "Princess" Night mask. It forced him to be in the dark while I spinned him in my office chair. He is getting better at keeping his eyes shut, but this is still something easy to fall back on to guarantee we are getting the full benefits. So, the point of this activity is to establish the earliest nerve pathway for balance and coordination of eye movement. I basically have him sit in my office chair with his eyes closed and S L O W L Y spin him one revolution in one minute. We are talking MAJORLY slow. Then I switch directions for another minute. Easy. Quick. We try to do this first thing in the morning before we go downstairs for breakfast.

No comments: