Monday, January 7, 2013

Homeschool - Letter H

Rookie (5 yrs old)
Ace (44 mos)
Ladybug (18 mos)
It is the start of a new year and therefore a new start for us homeschooling. We haven't necessarily stopped. If that was the case, I would be eating bonbons and watching Lifetime movies! We have been drowning in Neurodevelopmental Activities. Come January, though, I began to panic about Rookie's handwriting abilities. At the same time, I relaxed a bit about WHAT to focus on. I made some changes and decided to focus on handwriting (which completes some fine motor INP activities at the same time! WHOO HOO!), our RRSP (which ALSO completes some Auditory INP activities) and use letter baskets. We spent last week sorting to make the basket easier for me to put together each week. Then to start this new year, we began with our Letter "H" basket.

I was pleasantly surprised at all the different topics that are covered in the basket: letter sounds, vocabulary, opposites, counting, colors, matching, textures, animals, fine-motor lacing and stacking, letter formation, addition, and I'm sure much more that is just not coming to mind right now....ALL in a sensory exploration basket! Amazing. I honestly have NO pictures of there actual exploration of the basket because I was knee deep in it with them! It was so much fun! Every day I reset the basket for them to begin again and every day they ALL explored.

No comments: