Monday, May 14, 2012

Introducing...

...the prime time players on this blog, My kiddos!

I have decided to give them nicknames from here on out to help with concealing their online identity. I don't believe there is a HUGE following on my blog, but because we are now tagging curriculum and other homeschooling items, it is possible that we may come up in searches and just be more accessible to the public. So, I am just taking this opportunity to make the change.

I was sorta stumped, but thanks to some outside help (Kesha), we have some names that I think work well. I mean, I absolutely love my kids actual names, and though they have such unique personalities, my brain was stuck coming up with nicknames for them. I have to say that I believe these have nailed their personalities.














 Rookie is my oldest son who is 4.5 years old. He absolutely LOVES baseball and everything about it. He has mimicked the game for years and was throwing a ball at a year old. Baseball is his one true love, but other sports don't fall far behind. He imitates everything from actual events to even the interviews of the participants at the end. Needless to say, this nickname is perfect for him.

Ace is my middle child and youngest son who just turned 3. He is my talker. He was talking in short sentences at 2 years old and has always been a parrot. He loves puzzles and can put together 12 piece puzzles on his own rather quickly. He talks and acts much older than he is. In fact, when he turned 3 and I asked him old he was, he told me he was "4". Yes, I have to remind myself he is only 3 much of the time. PLUS, my friend said she could see him in a bomber jacket and airplane sunglasses....yah, me too! ;)

Ladybug is my baby girl. She is 10 months old and already on her way to walking. She is always amazing me with the things she learns and understands so quickly. Her nickname doesn't seem all that original any more, but when I was deciding on her room decor, I knew NOTHING about ladybugs ANYWHERE! We actually found the material in a clearance section and there was nothing else in the store with ladybugs. So, her bedsheets are ladybugs and her first birthday will be a ladybug theme. She even has a ladybug swimsuit! HA! Well, she is simply "cute as a bug" and my "little lady". So, naturally she would be my little ladybug. It is amazing how many ladybug things I see now. Figures :)

So, there it is, my kiddos!

No comments: