Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Floating

We are on to lesson 5 of our swim lessons. Ladybug loves "swimming" toward the toys we throw for her and grabbing the wall. She isn't so sure about the floating yet, but she is starting to relax a bit more. Today coach had her just supporting her head and she did very well relaxing on her back. As for the boys, Ace is doing really well. He doesn't have a fear to overcome, so he is catching on rather quickly. Coach already has him floating on his back for a bit "because this is where we're safe". I can hear the mantra in my head. HA! Today he floated all by himself! Rookie still isn't crazy about the actual lessons, but we have moved from him running for the gate door wanting to go home, to reluctantly saying "me" when coach asks who's turn it is. I haven't been able to get pictures of his work with Coach because I need to stay out of sight for him right now. But I was able to get pictures of Ace floating.

This is from lesson #4 last Saturday when Robby joined us. It is easier for me to snap pictures when someone else can focus on watching the kids NOT having their lesson. Tomorrow I may be able to get some pictures of Ladybug. We've decided that she is ok to have her lessons with Coach while I wrangle the boys.


1 comment:

Rachel E. said...

Ladybug is officially a doll! Love the suit.